Jumbo Loans play an important role for home buyers purchasing luxury homes and require loan amounts above regular conforming loans. Conforming loans in 2019 are limited to $484,350 in most cities/states in the U.S. However, there are select high-cost counties with higher conforming loan limits up to $726,525
See the chart below, please click on the link to for the complete list of 2019 Conforming Loan Limits
|Units||Most States:||Select High Costs Locations:|
Any mortgage amount that goes beyond this would be classified as a “Jumbo” loan. Jumbo lenders have historically required higher down payments, tighter credit requirements, etc. However, new options have emerged in 2019 that offer financing up to 95% loan to value. Below we will discuss the program guidelines, home buyers that have questions can connect with us 7 days a week by calling the number above, or just fill out the Request Contact Form on this page.
2019 Jumbo Down Payment:
- All requirements listed below pertain to owner-occupied primary homes and vacation-secodn homes.
- All programs do require approved buyers to provide proper documentation as it relates to income and assets. This includes previous (2) years of tax returns and/or W’2 for regularly employed borrowers.
- The programs are available for regular single family homes, townhomes, and most condos are also eligible. Homes being purchased directly from new home builders (planned unit development, spec homes, etc) are also eligible. Purchasing land to build or construction-to-permanent financing is not permitted.
- Program terms include all customary fix rate options like 30, 20 and 15-year fix. Regular adjustable rate (ARM) loans in 3-10 year terms are also available.
- All programs will require payment “reserves” from the borrower. Reserve amounts will vary depending on the credit profile, loan amount and down payment from the borrower. Please read more about Jumbo loans here and contact us with questions.
15-20% Down Jumbo:
- Program loan limits currently $4,000,000
- Credit score requirements vary based on the final loan amount. Generally, 660+ will be required for loans below $2.0m. Loans exceeding this amount will require 720-740.
10% Down Jumbo:
- Program loan limits currently $3,000,000
- Credit score requirements vary based on the final loan amount. Generally, 680+ will be required for loans below $1.5m. Loans exceeding this amount will require 720-740.
5% Down Jumbo:
- Program loan limits currently $2,000,000
- Credit score requirements vary based on the final loan amount. Generally, 700+ will be required for loans up to $1.5m. Loans exceeding this amount will require 740.
Special VA Jumbo Loans:
Eligible military Veterans have special VA jumbo mortgage options available that permit loans up to $1.5m with min down payment. This remains a popular program for Vets in higher costs locations of California, Texas, New York, and Florida. Please read more about VA Jumbo Mortgages here.
Please connect with us 7 days to learn more about the programs mentioned above.