So you’re a Florida first time home buyer and want to prepare for that big step of homeownership. You might ask what type of paperwork will be needed during the mortgage loan application and approval process? Below we have listed the most common items needed when applying for a Government home loan here in FL.
- (2) most recent years of W2s and tax returns will be needed.
- (2) most recent pay stubs will be needed to document year to date earnings.
- (2) most recent tax returns.
- For retired home buyers – Social security, pension and retirement income will be documented with the most recent award statements.
- Any additional income like disability, child support or alimony must be supported with documentation that shows the amount and that it will continue for a least 3 years from the time of closing.
- Overtime and bonus income will be averaged for the past 2 years.
- Copies of last (2) months most recent banks statements, all pages front and back.
- Copies of (1) most recent investment statement, 401k or IRA, etc.
- Any large deposits in bank accounts must be documented for show the source of the deposit. This includes gift funds which may be used with FHA, VA and USDA Rural housing loans.
- Copy of drivers license and social security card or passport.
- Name and number or landlord for verification on rent.
- Name and number of homeowners insurance agent.
- For VA home buyers– a copy of certificate of eligibility from VA will be needed.
Additional items may be needed after loan application, but this list will cover most home buyers. Questions? We are available to assist you 7 days a week. For quick service please submit the “Request Contact” form at the top right side of your screen. Mobile users can find the short Request Contact Form here. Please also be sure to visit www.FiveStarsMortgage.com for the latest mortgage info in 2015